Utah Department of Environmental Quality Blog Comment Policy
The Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) provides content on this blog to promote education and discussion about our state’s environment. We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed. We review and post comments according to the policy below. The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the DEQ or the state or federal government.
For media inquiries, please email Donna Kemp Spangler, DEQ Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our intent is to accept the majority of comments made to our blog. We encourage readers to share thoughts and opinions, but we expect this will be done in a courteous and respectful manner. Therefore, we reserve the discretion not to post comments that contain any of the following:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- Nudity in images or profile pictures
- Defamation to a person, or people
- Name-calling, threats, and/or personal attacks
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product
- Comments that infringe on copyrights
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly
- Other comments that the department’s Social Media Team deems inappropriate
We recognize that the Internet is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage state resources, we aim to review and post comments 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding federal and state holidays. We intend to review and post comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
To protect your privacy, please do not include personal contact information (e.g., an email address or phone number) in the text of your comment.
Please email DEQinfo@utah.gov if you have any questions.